Your child could be eligible for Free School Meals (to the value of £2.20 per day) if you are in receipt of:
- Income support; or
- Income-based job seekers allowance; or
- Child tax credit (but who are not entitled to working tax credit* and whose annual income is less than £16,190 from 1 April 2010); or
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999; or
- The guarantee element of state pension credit; or
- Income related employment and support allowance; or
- Equal base job seekers allowance/employment and support allowance; or
- Universal Credit
*Where a parent/carer is entitled to working tax credit during the four week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start work less 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals for that period. Your child will be able to receive their free school meals from the date that your eligibility has been confirmed.
If any of these apply to you, please contact Mrs Mogey in Student Services for a FSM application form, which will be processed by Warrington Borough Council.
Your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium if they have been:
- Have previously been eligible for Free School Meals during some time in the last 6 years; or
- Have been in care of a Local Authority for 1 day or more; or
- Have been adopted from care; or
- Ceased to be ‘looked after’ through a Special Guardianship Order; or
- Ceased to be looked after through a Residence Order; or
- Under a Child Arrangement Order; or
- Have a parent serving in the Armed Forces, or a parent that has done so in the last 4 years.
Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to improve achievement of eligible pupils. Some of the ways we use Pupil Premium spending and the impact it has can be found here.
If any of these apply to you, please contact Miss Clark in Student Services on 01925 750711.