There is a parents’ meeting in the main school hall for GCSE history students going to Berlin in February half term at 6pm on Thursday 2nd February.
Want to find out about the Duke of Edinburgh Award on offer to your child at Lymm High School?
If you were unable to attend the DofE Parent Information Evening on Tuesday 10th January, you can click HERE for the evening’s presentation and information about the Award.
All Year 9, 10 and 11 students have had assemblies launching the careers programme Fast Tomato. Fast Tomato is a programme which allows students to find personalised information with regards to future careers. All students have been given allocated a sign up code and in this letter. Please click HERE to register.
Shortly before Christmas 148 parents of Year 7 students kindly completed a questionnaire giving us feedback on the transition process. You can read details, including our response to the issues raised, by clicking HERE.
Overall, the results were exceptionally positive: for example, 97% of parents say their child has settled well since September and 98% would recommend Lymm High School to other parents. We will never be complacent about identifying areas in which we can improve further, but it was very pleasing to see how happy Year 7 parents evidently are about the way the school has looked after their children during the first few months of secondary school.
Your child could be eligible for Free School Meals (to the value of £2.20 per day) if you are in receipt of:
- Income support; or
- Income-based job seekers allowance; or
- Child tax credit (but who are not entitled to working tax credit* and whose annual income is less than £16,190 from 1 April 2010); or
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999; or
- The guarantee element of state pension credit; or
- Income related employment and support allowance; or
- Equal base job seekers allowance/employment and support allowance; or
- Universal Credit
*Where a parent/carer is entitled to working tax credit during the four week period immediately after their employment ceases, or after they start work less 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals for that period. Your child will be able to receive their free school meals from the date that your eligibility has been confirmed.
If any of these apply to you, please contact Mrs Mogey in Student Services for a FSM application form, which will be processed by Warrington Borough Council.
Your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium if they have been:
- Have previously been eligible for Free School Meals during some time in the last 6 years; or
- Have been in care of a Local Authority for 1 day or more; or
- Have been adopted from care; or
- Ceased to be ‘looked after’ through a Special Guardianship Order; or
- Ceased to be looked after through a Residence Order; or
- Under a Child Arrangement Order; or
- Have a parent serving in the Armed Forces, or a parent that has done so in the last 4 years.
Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools to improve achievement of eligible pupils. Some of the ways we use Pupil Premium spending and the impact it has can be found here.
If any of these apply to you, please contact Miss Clark in Student Services on 01925 750711.
Any girl who regularly plays sport for Lymm High School will now need to purchase a team hooded sweatshirt. See the attached letter by clicking HERE. Please fill the proforma in and return to the school shop.
We will be launching Duke of Edinburgh this week in assemblies for Y10 (Tues) and Y9 (Wed). Places will be limited and allocated on a first come first served basis. Please see link below for expedition dates and costs before your child commits. Parent Pay will open following the assemblies. Thanks.
(For first exams in summer 2017)
- CGP GCSE Maths AQA Revision Guide for the Grade 9-1 course (Higher or Foundation) (available from Amazon for £5.77 (H) and £5.95 (F))
- CGP GCSE Maths AQA Exam Practice Workbook for the Grade 9-1 course (Higher or Foundation) (includes answers) (available from Amazon for £5.95)
- CGP GCSE Maths AQA Answers for Workbook – Higher – for the Grade 9-1 course (available from Amazon for £2)
[Please note for the Higher tier Workbook, the Answer Booklet must be purchased separately]
- AQA GCSE English Language: Student Book 2: Assessment preparation for Paper 1 and Paper 2 (available from Amazon for £15.99)
- AQA GCSE English Language targeting grades 6-9: Revision Workbook (available from Amazon for £5.99) OR
- AQA GCSE English Language targeting grade 5: Revision Workbook (available from Amazon for £5.99) OR
- CGP GCSE English Language AQA Workbook (recommended for grades 1-4) (available from Amazon for £5.95)
(If you choose to purchase one of these 3 guides, we recommend choosing the grade that matches your child’s target grade rather than their emerging grade)
- Oxford Literature Companions: The Sign of Four (available from Amazon for £8.99) OR
- The Sign of Four: York Notes for GCSE (9-1) (available from Amazon for £5.99)
- GCSE English Literature for AQA Macbeth Student Book (available from Amazon for £9.99) OR
- Macbeth: York Notes for GCSE (9-1) (available from Amazon for £5.99)
- GCSE English Literature for AQA An Inspector Calls Student Book (available from Amazon for £9.99) OR
- An Inspector Calls: York Notes for GCSE (9-1) (available from Amazon for £4.79)
- GCSE English Literature AQA Poetry Guide: Power & Conflict Anthology – for the Grade 9-1 course (available from Amazon for £5.77)
- GCSE English Literature AQA Unseen Poetry Guide – for the Grade 9-1 course (available from Amazon for £5.71)