Remote desktop is provided for staff and students to logon to a full school desktop with shared drives, home drives and all the standard applications that are available within school. It is not necessary to use Remote Desktop if you only wish to access the intranet or email. These can be accessed directly using the links on the top menu bar.
Additionally, Remote Desktop is an asset not a requirement for home work etc. Should it be unavailable, materials can be transferred to and from home using Office 365 OneDrive (similar to DropBox – all school users have an account) or USB drive.
- Download the RDP shortcut to your home desktop (remove any old icons): http://shared.lymmhigh.org.uk/downloads/Lymm_Remote.rdp
- Double click the shortcut
- Log in as ‘lymmadmin\username’
- Download the Microsoft RD Client app
- Click the link below to automatically configure the connection http://shared.lymmhigh.org.uk/downloads/Lymm_Remote.rdp
- If the link does not configure the app, you may need to manually input the details below:
- The PC name is: srvrdsha
- The Gateway server is: remote.lymmhigh.org.uk
- For both, enter your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password to login as normal
As Capita have yet to release support for Windows 10, an additional remote desktop server has been provided for staff to access SIMs: http://shared.lymmhigh.org.uk/downloads/Lymm_Remote_staff.rdp