Head of Technology and Visual Arts Faculty
Ms R. Doherty
Head of Visual Arts
Miss S. Tomczyk
“Art is the means by which we communicate what it feels like to be alive.” (Antony Gormley)
The Art department at Lymm High is constantly evolving, exploring and discovering new artists, designers, cutting edge techniques and new ways of working. This is delivered through exciting and varied schemes of work.
All students have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of media and techniques with specialists in subject specific areas, including, Fine Art, Textiles, Fashion, Printmaking, Ceramics, Mixed Media, Three Dimensional and Photography. Students are encouraged to develop their own ideas and skills throughout the course in order to become independent Lead Learners in Art and Design, and in turn develop their confidence, imagination and creativity.
We aim to:
- Introduce a range of two and three dimensional art and design activities to encourage confidence and progression through lead learning.
- Provide opportunities for creative responses to a variety of starting points, and encourage selection and control of both appropriate tools and materials.
- Consider works of art, craft and design from a wide range of times and cultures, and where possible relate them to practical activities.
- Allow time and space for experimenting with materials and ideas in a creative environment.
- Provide opportunity to discuss and review their own and others work
- To develop pupils’ ability to value the contribution made by artists, craft workers and designers and to respond thoughtfully, critically and imaginatively to ideas.
- To develop pupils’ enthusiasm about Art and Design a greater awareness or art and artists.
- To enable pupils to become visually literate, using and understanding Art as a form of visual communication.
You can find more information on our visual arts subjects by clicking on the links below.